Topic: Gaining Peace + Intentional Nutrition.
- Start every morning with 16 oz of room temperature water
- Drink at least ½ your body weight in ounces of water each day (ie: if you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 oz of water)
- Eliminate soda and juice
- Be aware of coffee (caffeine) intake - try to limit to no more than 2 cups of coffee per day
- No gluten, no dairy, no refined sugar, no processed foods
- Continue on a probiotic daily - grab my favorite ones here!
- LEAN proteins + HEALTHY fats + COMPLEX carbohydrates (see some great options in module 6)
- Track your macronutrients in MyFitnessPal as à 50% carbs | 20% proteins | 30% fats
- Begin to implement intermittent fasting with a 12-14 hour fast each day (ie: don’t consume anything but water from 7pm-9am)
- Do your cardio only days in a fasted state first thing upon waking
Nutrition Tips & Tricks
When you first begin to implement intermittent fasting it can be difficult. I suggest starting slowly with a 12-14 hour daily fast. During your fast, you will only consume water and herbal tea. You can also drink black coffee if you must. Do not put anything over 30 calories in your body; that will spike your insulin levels. If you start to get hungry, try having some warm tea to cut the hunger. It takes a while for your body to begin to adjust to this but I can promise that within time, it will be second nature and you will not feel those hunger pains anymore.
Now, when you begin tracking your food for the macronutrients, your eyes will be opened to what you actually are putting in your body – do you mainly eat carbs? Maybe all fats and proteins is your jam. We are now working on getting all of our macronutrients in a well-balanced diet. Really focus on getting 50% of your calories from carbs, 20% from proteins and 30% from fats. You will be able to see this on your “Nutrition” button and then “macros” and “nutrients” tabs in MyFitnessPal.
One of the best pieces of advice I can give one of my clients who is really wanting to focus on nutrition and lose weight is to PRE-PLAN your meals the day before. Measure out everything you plan to eat and input it into MyFitnessPal. That way you are able to adjust portions as needed. Don’t be scared to eat more than you are used to either. Your body will thank you for feeding it the nutrients it needs to focus on fat loss.