Topic: Emotional Eating.
- Start every morning with 16 oz of room temperature water
- Drink at least ½ your body weight in ounces of water each day (ie: if you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 oz of water)
- Eliminate soda and juice
- Be aware of coffee (caffeine) intake - try to limit to no more than 2 cups of coffee per day
- Eliminate gluten
- Eliminate processed foods (ask yourself, did this come from the ground or did it come from a mother? Whole foods are when they are ground - from the ground, or from a mother - living things...) Focus on foods in their whole state.
- Use MyFitnessPal to start tracking your water intake (go to myfitnesspal.com or download the app on your phone or tablet)
Nutrition Tips & Tricks
Why stay away from processed foods? Well, because the chemicals added to some processed foods will make you crave it more and more and overall, they can be detrimental to your health. Here is why:
- Processed foods contain a lot of trans fat and vegetable oils. These are the worst kind of fats for you and can lead to heart disease and even cause death.
- Processed foods are typically low in the valuable nutrients your body needs. And this can cause you to continue to be hungry and not ever feel satisfied since your body will continue to crave those nutrients until it gets them. Real food contains thousands of valuable nutrients and trace minerals your body needs, whereas processed food often doesn’t - or they are filled with synthetic nutrients (aka FAKE).
- Processed foods are typically packed with hidden sugars and/or high fructose corn syrup. These things are basically “empty calories,” but can also lead to so many problems. There are studies that link sugar back to cancer and so much more such as insulin resistance, heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol and obesity. Processed foods are one of the biggest sources of how you eat so much sugar.
- Processed foods are packed full of artificial ingredients. FAKE ingredients. MAN MADE ingredients. Let that soak in a bit. The reason why you can’t pronounce most of the ingredients on a label is because they aren’t actually food. They are chemicals the food industry puts in to make things taste better and have a longer shelf life. You shouldn’t be putting chemicals in your body, friends - bottomline.
- Processed foods will cause an addiction to them. All of those fake ingredients in there… yeah, they are in there to keep you addicted to that food so you continue to purchase it. That is what the food industry wants you to do. Some of these ingredients can cause an addiction much like a cocaine or heroin addiction.
So when you are looking to eliminate processed foods, the best advice I can give you is to ask yourself, “Did it come from the ground, or did it come from a mother?” When choosing food, you want it to either be grown (naturally and organic), or be from a mother. So choose foods in their whole state and not mixed together with a thousand added ingredients. Look for labels and ingredients you can pronounce and that have very limited different ingredients. Eat things like fruits, veggies, meat, whole grains, beans and eggs while avoiding things like boxed meals, canned foods, breads, chips, bagged snacks, crackers, granola bars or “ready to eat” foods. This is the key to health!